Awrite folks, in today's lesson, we do a case study that will highlight the Dual desktop feature in Win XP that can make your life much easier.
Scenario 1 : Win XP. As most of you know, you can attach two monitors to your system and thus have two desktops. Win XP also allows you to drag an item from one monitor to another effortlessly.
Scenario 2: Thol Thiruma (why do these guys shorten their names ?) last week left the AIADMK camp and (re)joined the DMK combine. Now 1000s of posters/banners/flex hoardings have been put up all around TamilNadu which has Thol's mug along with JJ and Vaiko. On a pronto basis, his face has to now appear along with Sonia, KK and Stalin in the other camp's posters/banners/flex hoardings...
So this is where Win XP's multiple display/desktop features come in handy.
- Start an instance of Adobe PS in Monitor A.
- Open the ADMKaffliates.psd file with Thol's image with the ADMK team.
- Now open the DMKaffliates.psd file and drag this entire window from Monitor A to Monitor B.
With me so far? Good.
- Next, in Monitor A, right click Thol's face and Select Layer titled "Thol".
- Just simply drag the layer from Monitor A to Monitor B and drop it inside DMKaffliates.psd.
- Hide "Thol" Layer in the Layers Palette in ADMKaffliates.psd. Read Notes below to understand why you need to "Hide" a layer rather than "Delete"
Save and Close both files. Exit Adobe Photoshop.
- While its generally a good practice to "Hide" a layer rather than "Delete" in any image that you are editing, it is more so applicable in Thol's case. The local body election gets over on the 13th and based on the winning camp, you may be required to rework the images. In case of changes, you just have to UnHide the Thol layer in ADMKaffliates.psd and Hide in DMKaffliates.psd
- You dont have to resize Thol's picture after dragging the layer. In any case his mug has to appear smaller than either JJ, Vaiko, MK, Sonia or Stalin.
We trust that the above case-study has helped you understand the dual-desktop feature of Windows XP.
Tomorrow Case-Study :
- We look at Windows XP's feature which automatically connects to the net to identify a related application to open a file with unidentifiable extensions. We will be using the file titled "TRajendar.???" for this case-study.
Does this strike a cord somewhere in your memory of experiences past?
He telephones She
He: What u doing?
She: Ippo dhaan saaptu mudichen. Sir enna pannitu irukaaru?
He: Ippo dhaan ' Suttum vizhi sudare' paatu paathen Sun Music la
She: Nalla paatu. (And then she hums the line 'mazhai azhagha veyil azhagha')
He: hey!!!!Nee ivlo nalla paaduviya
He: Hey. Innoru vaati paadaen
She: En room mates ellam thoongita. Ava bayandhuduva
He: Come on! Please!
She: Poada. I don't sing that well
He: It was really sweet. Please paaden
She: Enakku odd aa irukku da
He: Idhula ennama irukku. Nalla paadare.
She: Nee dhaan sollanum
He: Ippo paaduviya maatiya?
She: yaenda paduththare
He: Sigh! Ok
She: I don't have that great voice
She: Seri. Ivlo kaekkare. Unakaaga ore oru stanza paadaren
She: Endha paatu paadatum?
He: Hmmmm. ' un perai sonnale' from dum dum dum?
She: Nice song. But enakku lyrics gnabagam illai
He: Chinna chinna aasai?
She: Illai indha paate paadaren
He: Cool (She clears her throat, hums a line and then)
She: Illai vendaam. Am feeling very shy!
He: Paadu she paadu. Un isai endra inba veLLathil neendha odoadi vandha ennai yemtradhe she. Paadu
She: Galatta panre paathiya
He: No no. Nee shy aa feel panre illaiya. Trying to make u cool
He: please paadaen
She: naaLaikku paadatumaaa?
He: Seri maa. Unakku eppadi thonaradho appadiye pannu
He: Good night
She: Good night!!
After a while She calls He
He: Illai ma. Match paathundu irundhen
She: Seri. Nee match paaru
He: Hey. Its ok. Pazhaya match dhaan.
She: Illai. Did u feel bad I didn't sing?
(Since it is a tricky question, He thinks for a while)
He: Bad appadinu solla maaten. But I want you to be comfortable first. naaLaikku paadaren sonne illa. So me waiting
She sings 1 stanza from the song
He: Wow. Too good!
She: Poarum. I know how kevalam my voice is
He: Hey you really sing well.
She: Poada…Nee sollanume appadinu solre
He: Cha! Cha! Un voice nalla illaati naan ivlo kaekkave maaten
He: Nee ivLo nalla paaduve enakku theriyaadhu
She: Hmmm! Seri good night
He: Good night!
She: Take care
He: You too
She: Nejamaave en voice nalla irundadhaa
He: Nejamma! Ofcourse.
She: Nee poi solre
He: Not at all. You sing very well
She: Hmmm. Ennamo solre. Good night.
He: Good Night !!
Swarm is a graphical map of hundreds of websites, all connecting to each other. It updates itself every second with where people are going and coming from. As sites become more popular, they move towards the center of the swarm.
Its a freaky concept and far from being bored I explored some of the sites that were quite popular. I turned off the "Adult Thumbs" to "Off" and got some better results.
Dunno what, but I feel that site could be a great diversion from the mundane surfing scenario or when you need a break from some shitty code debug..