Mayajaal is singularly the largest entertainment venture in India and among the few elite all over the world. The Mayajaal Project, encompasses India’s first Family Entertainment Center, a Virtual Reality Theme Park, a Sports Village and a Star Resort.
Mayajaal Entertainment (P) Ltd., is a wholly owned subsidiary of PentaMedia Graphics Limited, a full-fledged entertainment graphic multinational concentrating on rendering Animation and Special Effects for the Big Screen (theaters) Small Screen (home videos and television) and the Personal Screen (personal computer).
Role and Job Profile
Consequent to my transfer from PentaSoft Technologies in September 2000, I have been an active member in the core team handling Mayajaal right from the stages of conceptualization, planning, operations and marketing.
Creativity & Marketing
- Major accounts management.
- Implementing new Technologies which included Browser and Multimedia based solutions for Broadcast Animations, Internet and Intranet Solutions, E-Brochures/Catalogues, O&M Manuals, Touch Screen Information Kiosks.
- Headed a team of 6 Business Development Managers across India.
- Dotted line reporting by the 33+ Project Development team.
Interacting with Project leaders on Project Management & Delivery.
- Headed the Themed Merchandising activity and with the support of a team of Creative Designers and Artists / Programmers.
- Sourcing, Conceptualizing and Creating Themed Merchandise like T-Shirts, Stationary, Tabletops, Utilities and Fun Items using PMGL Cartoon characters and Digital Properties.
- Primarily responsible for setting up of the Shopping Zone at the MayaJaal FEC, the responsibilities which included Visual Merchandising, Security Systems & Staffing.
- Additionally Headed Sales & Marketing; responsible for Direct Sales, Tie-ups, Sponsorships, Branding & Private Parties
- Headed a team of 12 people consisting of Front Desk & Guest Relation executives.
- Focusing on Guest Comfort and Customer Service activity.
- System analysis & Software implementation co-ordination with Systems admin team.
- New concepts & managing the Kids Care Area.
- Focusing on core competencies and leverage our expertise in creating and marketing new forms of merchandise that complement the Entertainment business directly or through licensing agreements, joint venture, franchisees or other arrangements.
- Form strategic alliances and relationships with other media and entertainment companies.